At Bablake Junior School we love music!
Everyone has the opportunity to enjoy musical experiences and take part in music making. Pupils are encouraged to enjoy singing and playing instruments; in groups, individually and all together. Music thrives at our school.
All academic and instrumental Music lessons are taught by specialists and the majority take place in the Senior School English, Drama and Music (EDM) building.
Everyone at Bablake Junior School learns to play an instrument
All classes enjoy two Music lessons a week, where they learn to read and enjoy exploring music. In Year 3 the children all learn to play the recorder.
In Year 4 everyone learns three instruments in a rota over the year. A term of brass - trumpet or trombone, follows a term of strings - cello or violin and a term of woodwind - the flute. This leads to further exploration of musical opportunities. Many children then take up an instrument and receive tuition individually or in small groups.
- Music lessons for everyone every week
- Clubs every week - Orchestra, Strings, Brass, Choir, Percussion, Recorder, Woodwind
- Shared clubs with the Senior School - Woodwind, Brass and Strings
- Composition from Year 3
- Concerts twice a term including the outdoor Summer Concert
- Performances in the wider community with the Senior School
- Assemblies several times a week with singing and performances
- Grade tuition and exams - ABRSM
- Visits and workshops with renown musicians, eg. Tasmin Little
- Choir visits to retirement homes and Walsgrave Hospital
- 'Bablake's Got Talent' every year. Entertainment and opportunity for all!
- Year 6 plays - often a musical
- Year 3 and 4 Nativity production and Carol Service at Coventry Cathedral
- Year 4 instrumental lessons for all - Brass, Strings and Woodwind
- Year 5 & 6 composition utilising Sibelius 7
Singing is an important communal activity at our school and we take every opportunity to sing together. Visitors to our Assemblies often remark upon the joy they feel when our pupils are singing. We believe singing together helps our team spirit and sense of community.
There is a wide variety of clubs and societies, coupled with solid teaching to provide all round education