Find all the Junior School information you need here
For a full list of staff at the Junior School please see our General Information pages.
The School Day
Our Information for Parents gives a full breakdown of an average day at the Junior School.
- Morning Assembly varies between all School, Form or House.
- Lunch is eaten in the dining hall where pupils can bring a packed lunch or purchase food from the wide variety of attractive dishes on offer. The take up of school lunches is optional and can be varied from day to day. Many extra-curricular activities take place over lunchtime.
- The afternoon broadly follows the pattern of the morning, although the lessons are usually less academically focused.
- Homework and Aftercare are carefully supervised and many pupils chose to stay for the convenience of getting their homework done and because they enjoy the activities. It is not necessary to book Aftercare in advance and there is a nominal charge for attendance.
- Many pupils also take part in clubs, activities and fixtures after school.
Choice in dining
Pupils at Bablake Junior School have the choice of either bringing their own lunch or purchasing lunch at the school dining hall where excellent food is provided by Alliance in Partnership (AiP), the school's caterers. Pupils do not have to stick to a routine and may dip into school lunches as and when they wish.
Special Dietary Information provided by AiP
Unless they are at clubs, all pupils go to the dining hall during lunch time and eat together. A close eye is kept on pupils to ensure that they make appropriate food selections.
Keeping an eye on things!
Pupils eat school lunches through a system of credit purchase on the internet via ParentPay, this can then be used to buy meals. Parents can keep an eye on these transactions via their own personal login. There is always a wide variety of hot and cold food including sandwiches etc and lunches are invariably popular and most tasty.
Sending our daughter to Bablake Junior School was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Thank you!