Sub Menu
Sixth Form Scholarships

Sixth Form Scholarships

A number of Sixth Form Scholarships will be awarded for the two years in the Sixth Form; these are open to both current students and applicants from outside Bablake. They are on offer as follows: Academic, Music and Sports Scholarships. The amount of the Scholarship will vary, and in recent years has ranged from 5% to 20% of the school fee. 

Academic Scholarship

For the Academic Scholarship, an applicant should be capable of achieving, and be predicted by his/her school to achieve A* grades in all the subjects at GCSE that are to be taken at A level. Scholars will almost without exception gain a majority of A* grades in at GCSE. 

Music Scholarship

For the Music Scholarship, an applicant should be able to demonstrate that he/she has played in a school orchestra and/or for one of the Youth Orchestras in the region or has good singing ability. The minimum standard required for Music Scholarship applications is Associated Board Grade Six on at least one instrument or voice.  

Sports Scholarship

For the Sports Scholarship, an applicant should have competed at at least county level or equivalent in any sport offered by the School, and should also demonstrate leadership qualities and a commitment to school sport.  

How to apply

Students who feel they have a realistic chance of gaining a Scholarship and who wish to be considered should apply by letter to the Headmaster enclosing a Curriculum Vitae which should include a list of GCSE subjects being studied and intended 4 AS level choices. In the case of a Music Scholarship, information about instruments played, grades achieved and orchestral and/or choral involvement will also be needed. Students may be considered for all awards, but will generally only be awarded an Academic, Music or Sports Scholarship. 

All applications are submitted to the Headmaster. Interviews of selected candidates will take place shortly thereafter. Successful candidates will be informed of awards by the end of term. Those applying for an Academic Scholarship will also sit a written test. 

SIXTH FORM BURSARIES/ FEE ASSISTANCE 

Bursaries are also available to students entering the Sixth Form and are open to both current students and applicants from outside Bablake. Please contact Mrs L Monarch, Finance Office at Bablake, by email or telephone (024-7627-1206) for further information.

It is the Governors' stated policy, through their Bursary and Scholarship Schemes, to give able children whose parents could not otherwise afford the fees, the opportunity to attend Bablake and to remain at the School until the end of their schooling, which for the vast majority is at 18. Our pupils’ public examination results have consistently been amongst the highest in the area, enabling them to continue to the universities of their choice in a competitive arena.

17.8%

A* A-level Grades (2015)