Sub Menu
Sixth Form Scholarships and Bursaries

A number of Sixth Form Scholarships will be awarded for the two years in the Sixth Form; these are open to both current students and applicants from outside Bablake. The amount of the scholarship will vary, and in recent years has ranged from 3% to 30% of the school fee. 

Academic Scholarships

For the Academic Scholarship, an applicant should be capable of achieving, and be predicted by his/her school to achieve A* or 8/9 grades in all the subjects at GCSE that are chosen for A level. Scholars will almost without exception gain a majority of A* or 8/9 grades in their GCSE subjects. Those applying for an Academic Scholarship will also sit a written test and be interviewed. 

Music Scholarship

For the Music Scholarship, an applicant should be able to demonstrate that he/she has played in a school orchestra and/or for one of the Youth Orchestras in the region or has an excellent singing ability. The minimum standard required for Music Scholarship applications is Associated Board Grade Six on at least one instrument or voice. The ability and enthusiasm to be involved in all the musical activities in the School, and to take a leading role in these, is also very important. 

Sports Scholarship

For the Sports Scholarship, an applicant should be achieving a high level of performance, County level or equivalent in any major sport offered by the School, and should also demonstrate leadership qualities and a commitment to school sport. 

How to apply

Please note for external candidates we require a completed application form before we can accept applications for Sixth Form scholarships.

Academic Scholarships

Students who would like to apply for an academic scholarship will need to send a letter to the Headmaster enclosing a Curriculum Vitae which should include a list of GCSE subjects being studied and intended A level choices.

Music Scholarships

Students interested in applying for a Music Scholarship will need to send a letter to the Headmaster with information about instruments played, grades achieved and orchestral and/or choral involvement.

Sports Scholarships

Students who would like to apply for a sports scholarship will need to send a letter to the Headmaster enclosing a Curriculum Vitae which should include their sporting achievements, leadership credentials, co-curricular activities, GCSE subjects being studied and intended A level choices. 

All applications are submitted to the Headmaster. Interviews with selected candidates will take place shortly thereafter. Successful candidates will be informed of awards by the end of term. Those applying for an Academic Scholarship will also sit a written test. 

School Address: Bablake School, Coundon Road, Coventry, CV1 4AU

SIXTH FORM BURSARIES/ FEE ASSISTANCE 

Bursaries which are already held by current students are continued into the Sixth Form, subject to the usual assessment of income and any other rules governing these schemes. However, a number of additional bursaries are available for students entering the Sixth Form. These are open to both current students and applicants from outside Bablake. Any current parents who feel that their financial circumstances may entitle them to consideration for a bursary award should contact the Headmaster’s P.A. for an application form. Parents completing an external application form are required to tick the bursary box and a bursary form will then be sent out to them for completion.