Sub Menu
Fees, Bursaries and Scholarships

We understand that a private education is a large investment for many families.

We offer our pupils excellent value-added experiences so they leave us in the best possible position to achieve success in their futures. At the present time about 30% of all pupils in the School receive some form of financial assistance either through the extensive Bursary Scheme or from a Scholarship. 

Fees

Termly and Annual Fees

(From September 1st 2023)

Age GroupTermAnnual
Nursery

£2,100 – 3 full days
£2,800 – 4 full days
£3,500 – 5 full days

£6,300
£8,400
£10,500

Pre-Preparatory
(Reception to Year 2)

£3,500£10,500
Junior£4,000£12,000
Senior£5,050£15,150

APPLICATION FEE

There is an application fee of £50 which needs to be submitted with the Application form (details of how to pay are on the form).

ADMISSION FEE

Acceptance Fee: An Acceptance Fee of £500, together with signing the Parent Contract, confirms your approval and agreement to be legally bound by this Schedule of Fees, the Terms and Conditions, The School Rules and the Privacy Notices (collectively referred to as the Parent Contract).

SIBLING DISCOUNT

The Foundation awards a sibling discount if you have three or more children in Foundation Schools. If a pupil is in receipt of a bursary award that pupil will not receive the sibling discount. The award is 3% per child for three pupils, 4% per child for four pupils, etc.

EXTRAS

• Individual instrumental Music lessons – £17 - £20 per half-hour lesson.
  • Meals – An economical charge is made for breakfast, snacks and lunches. Cashless catering is used for purchasing food in the school dining room, but pupils may, if they prefer, bring a packed lunch.
  • Educational visits – Parents are expected to make a contribution to or pay for various educational visits arranged by the School, departments or individual members of staff. A subsidy is provided for those who would not otherwise be able to benefit from these visits.
  • Examination Charges for public examinations, namely GCSE exams at the end of Year 11 and A-Levels at the end of Year 13, are included in the tuition fees for those pupils sitting the exams in the 2023/24 and 2024/25 academic years. From September 2025, exam fees will be billed separately.
  • Minibus Charges: Minibus charges vary according to the distance from the school and the number of times per week you need to use the service. Further details can be obtained from the Transport Manager tm@csfoundation.org.uk

SCHOOL FEE PLAN

Many of our parents take advantage of the arrangement we have with School Fee Plan (SFP) to administer a monthly direct debit collection scheme. The service allows you to spread the cost of your school fees over 10 months.

To apply online please click here.

Coventry School Foundation is an appointed representative of Premium Credit Limited which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. *School Fee Plan is a trading style of Premium Credit Limited.

*Credit is subject to status, affordability, terms and conditions apply. Over 18s only. Failure to keep up with your repayments could result in your agreement being cancelled.

Bursaries

The Governors award annually a number of Entry Bursaries. For more information please refer to our Bursary and Scholarship policy.

11+ ENTRY

These are awarded in the light of both the entrance examination performance and a review of annual parental income. The level of assistance will be dependent upon gross parental income. Entrance Bursaries range from 10% up to 100% fee reduction. 

SIXTH FORM ENTRY

Bursaries which are already held by current students are continued into the Sixth Form, subject to the usual assessment of income and any other rules governing these schemes. However, a number of additional bursaries are available for students entering the Sixth Form. These are open to both current students and applicants from outside Bablake. Any current parents who feel that their financial circumstances may entitle them to consideration for a bursary award should contact the Headmaster’s PA for an application form. Parents completing an external application form are required to tick the bursary box and a bursary form will then be sent out to them for completion.

HOW TO APPLY

To apply for a bursary you will need to tick the 'Yes' box on the application form after the question 'Do you wish to apply for Bursary Assistance towards fees?'. Once you have ticked this box and submitted your application form we will then send a bursary form to you to complete. The deadline for 11+ Bursary applications is Friday 7 October 2022 and the deadline for Sixth Form bursary applications is January 2023 (TBC).

It is the Governors’ stated policy, through their Bursary and Scholarship Schemes, to give able children whose parents could not otherwise afford fees, the opportunity to attend Bablake and to remain at the School until the end of their schooling, which for the majority is at 18. Our pupils’ public examination results have consistently been amongst the highest in the area, enabling them to continue to the universities of their choice in a competitive arena.

Please note: bursaries and scholarships are only available to pupils applying for September entry into Shells (Year 7) or Sixth Form at the main 11+/Sixth Form entry points in the year. Bursaries and/or scholarships are not available for entry into any other year groups.

Scholarships

For more information please refer to our Bursary and Scholarship policy.

11+ ENTRY

A number of Academic, Music and Art Scholarships are available for Shells (Year 7) entry. The award of these scholarships is based on the ability of the child and their performance in the examination and at interview. Academic Scholarship interviews Music Scholarship auditions will take place in November 2022. Also, potential Art scholars will be invited into School in November 2022. 

FOR SEPTEMBER 2023, THE FOLLOWING 11+ SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED

• General Academic – candidates who achieve the highest overall marks in English and Mathematics, and who perform well at interview
  • English – candidates who achieve the highest marks in English, and who perform well at interview
  • Mathematics – candidates who achieve the highest marks in Mathematics, and who perform well at interview
  • Music – candidates who show exceptional musical accomplishment and who have reached the minimum academic standard to qualify for admission to the School
  • Art – candidates who show exceptional artistic flair and ability and who have reached the minimum academic standard to qualify for admission to the School

Please note:

For specific details about each of the scholarship awards please refer to the application form available from Admissions.

The Scholarship Award may be supplemented by a Bursary Award in appropriate cases.

Cricket Scholarships may be awarded from the Third Year (Year 9) to sportsmen or women who exhibit outstanding promise (normally at county level), as well as dedication to school cricket.

SIXTH FORM ENTRY

A number of Academic, Music and Sports scholarships are available for Sixth Form entry. These are open to both current students and applications from outside Bablake. The amount of the scholarships will vary, and in recent years has ranged from 3% to 30% of the School fee. For specific information about each scholarship, including how to apply, please refer to the current Sixth Form Prospectus.

We would have no hestitation in recommending Bablake to others and certainly feel you have given an excellent 'value for money' service.

Senior School Parent