At Bablake Junior School we love music!
Everyone has the opportunity to enjoy musical experiences and take part in music making. Pupils are encouraged to enjoy singing and playing instruments; in groups, individually and all together.
All academic and instrumental Music lessons are taught by specialists and the majority take place in the English, Drama and Music (EDM) building at the Senior School.
Singing is an important communal activity at our school and we take every opportunity to sing together. We believe singing together and instrumental music help our team spirit and sense of community.
All pupils learn to play an instrument
All classes enjoy Music lessons on a weekly basis, where they learn to read and explore music. In Year 3 the children all learn to play the recorder.
In Year 4 everyone learns three instruments in a rota over the year; a term of brass (trumpet or trombone), a term of strings (cello or violin) and a term of woodwind (the flute). This leads to further exploration of musical opportunities. Many children take up an instrument and receive tuition individually or in small groups.
- Weekly Music lessons for all pupils
- Clubs every week – Orchestra, Strings, Brass, Choir, Percussion, and Woodwind
- Shared clubs with the Senior School – Woodwind, Brass and Strings
- Composition from Year 3 to Year 6
- Concerts throughout the year
- Assemblies several times a week with singing and performances
- Grade tuition and exams
- Visits and workshops with musicians
- Bablake's Got Talent annual performance
- Year 6 plays – often a musical
- Year 3 Nativity production
- Carol Service at Coventry Cathedral
- Year 4 instrumental lessons for all – Brass, Strings and Woodwind
- Year 5 and 6 composition utilising Sibelius 7 and BandLab
There is a wide variety of clubs and societies, coupled with solid teaching to provide all round education