Sub Menu
Curriculum & Options

At Bablake the majority of students will take three A levels, with Further Mathematicians taking four.

Students should choose subjects based on their interests, aptitudes and aspirations, and will be given ample guidance. You can be assured that a well-chosen combination of subjects will then result in an inspiring and fulfilling experience which will enable students to thrive academically and proceed confidently into the world of higher education or work.

Some students will have a definite view regarding the direction in which their academic career will take them after Bablake. Others, understandably, will wish to keep their options open. Any student unsure as to the suitability of a combination of subjects should seek guidance from the Deputy Head (Academic), Mr A M Wright, the Head of Sixth Form, Mrs A J Tumber or the Careers Department.

As well as the opportunity to study three subjects to A level (as required by university offers), students will also take part in the ‘Bablake Advantage’ Sixth Form Programme. This will enhance students’ intellectual capabilities and enable them to develop their interests and enthusiasms beyond their three A levels, under the guidance of their teachers. We expect all students to enjoy their Sixth Form studies and to benefit from a package of skills and qualifications which equip them for the next stage of their journey. 

The subjects on offer from September 2018 are:

A level Subjects  

Art

Biology

Business

Chemistry

Classical Civilisation

Computer Science

Design Technology

Drama & Theatre Studies

Economics

English Literature

English Language

French

Further Mathematics

Geography

German

History

Latin

Mathematics

Music

Physical Education

Physics

Psychology

Religious Studies

Spanish

Further subject information can be found in the Sixth Form Prospectus

The confidence of pupils is due to the excellent teaching standards

Parent