Sub Menu
Curriculum & Options

At Bablake the majority of our students take three A levels, with a small number choosing to study a fourth.

For our A level subject information please view our Sixth Form Prospectus.

Students choose subjects based on their interests, aptitudes and aspirations, and will be given ample guidance. You can be assured that a well-chosen combination of subjects will result in an inspiring and fulfilling experience which will enable students to thrive academically and proceed confidently into the world of higher education or work.

Some students will have a definite view regarding the direction in which their academic career will take them after Bablake. Others, understandably, will wish to keep their options open. Any student unsure as to the suitability of a combination of subjects should seek guidance from the Assistant Head (Curriculum), Mr M W Spencer, the Head of Sixth Form, Mrs A J Tumber or the Careers Department.

As well as the opportunity to study the Academic Core of A Levels, students will enjoy the benefits of a broad and balanced ‘Bablake Advantage’ programme. This will enhance their intellectual capabilities and enable them to develop their interests and enthusiasms beyond their A Level studies, all under the guidance of experienced and specialist staff.

The A level subjects on offer:

Art and Design

Biology

Business

Chemistry

Classical Civilisation

Computer Science

Design and Technology

Drama and Theatre

Economics

English Language

English Literature

French

Further Mathematics

Geography

German

History

Latin

Mathematics

Music

Physical Education

Physics

Psychology

Religion, Philosophy and Ethics

Spanish

Law and Politics will be offered from for Bablake Sixth Form students
and lessons will be taught at our King Henry VIII School site.

The confidence of pupils is due to the excellent teaching standards

Parent