Sub Menu
Fees, Bursaries and Scholarships

We understand that a private education is a large investment for many families

We offer our pupils excellent value-added experiences so they leave us in the best possible position to achieve success in their futures. At the present time about 30% of all pupils in the School receive some form of financial assistance either through the extensive Bursary Scheme or from a Scholarship. 

School Fees

Termly and Annual Fees

(From September 1st 2018)

The fees below are inclusive of all teaching materials and books and are amongst the lowest in the independent sector. Bablake has regularly featured in the ‘Good Value for Money Schools’ guide. Governors offer parents the facility to spread the fees over 10 monthly payments, free of interest.

Age GroupTermAnnual
Pre Prep£2,376£7,128
Junior School£2,981£8,943
Senior School£3,898£11,694

Please note: The Governors reserve the right to alter the fees from time to time.

Application Fee

There is an application fee of £50 which needs to be submitted with the Application form (details of how to pay are on the form)

Admission Deposit

Senior School: £300 payable on acceptance of a place

Pre Prep and Junior School: £150 payable on acceptance of a place

Sibling Discount

The Foundation award sibling discount if you have three or more children in Foundation Schools.  If a pupil is in receipt of a bursary award that pupil will not receive the sibling discount.  The award is 3% per child for three pupils, 4% per child for four pupils, etc.

Extras

• Individual instrumental Music lessons – £15 -£17 per half-hour lesson.
  • Meals – An economical charge is made for breakfast, snacks and lunches. On average a 2-course lunch costs £2.75. Cashless catering is currently used for purchasing food in the school dining room, but pupils may, if they prefer, bring a packed lunch.
  • Educational visits – Parents are expected to make a contribution to or pay for various educational visits arranged by the School, departments or individual members of staff. A subsidy is provided for those who would not otherwise be able to benefit from these visits.
  • Public Examinations and Learning Support – No charge is made for examination entrance fees (apart from resits) or Learning Support, unless intensive support is required. 

Bursaries

Bursaries

The Governors award annually a number of Entry Bursaries. These are awarded in the light of both the entrance examination performance and a review of annual parental income. The level of assistance will be dependent upon gross parental income. Entrance Bursaries range from 10% up to 90%. 

Sixth Form Bursaries

Bursaries which are already held by current students are continued into the Sixth Form, subject to the usual assessment of income and any other rules governing these schemes. However, a number of additional bursaries are available for students entering the Sixth Form. These are open to both current students and applicants from outside Bablake. Any current parents who feel that their financial circumstances may entitle them to consideration for a bursary award should contact the Headmaster’s PA for an application form. Parents completing an external application form are required to tick the bursary box and a bursary form will then be sent out to them for completion.

How to apply

To apply for a bursary you will need to tick the 'Yes' box on the application form after the question 'Do you wish to apply for Bursary Assistance towards fees?'. Once you have ticked this box and submitted your application form we will then send a bursary form to you to complete. The deadline for 11+ bursary applications is Friday 11 October 2019 and the deadline for Sixth Form bursary applications is Friday 6 December 2019.

For further details of financial assistance, please contact Mrs Monarch, School Finance Manager, at Bablake.

It is the Governors’ stated policy, through their Bursary and Scholarship Schemes, to give able children whose parents could not otherwise afford fees, the opportunity to attend Bablake and to remain at the School until the end of their schooling, which for the majority is at 18. Our pupils’ public examination results have consistently been amongst the highest in the area, enabling them to continue to the universities of their choice in a competitive arena.

Please note: bursaries and scholarships are only available to pupils applying for September entry into Shells (Year 7) or Sixth Form at the main 11+/Sixth Form entry points in the year. Bursaries and/or scholarships are not available for entry into any other year groups.

Junior School Bursaries

Limited means-tested bursaries are available from Year 3. For information on Junior School bursaries please contact Mrs H Rypma on 024 7627 1284. 

Scholarships

Scholarships

11+ Entry

A number of Academic, Music and Art Scholarships are available for Shells (Year 7) entry. The award of these scholarships is based on the ability of the child and their performance in the examination and at interview.  Academic Scholarship interviews will take place on Saturday 16 November 2019.  Music Scholarship auditions and potential Art will scholars will be invited into School on Friday 15 November 2019. 

For September 2020, the following 11+ Scholarships will be awarded

• General – candidates who achieve the highest overall marks in English, Mathematics and Reasoning, and who perform well at interview
  • English – candidates who achieve the highest marks in English, and who perform well at interview
  • Mathematics – candidates who achieve the highest marks in Mathematics, and who perform well at interview
  • Music – candidates who show exceptional musical accomplishment and who have reached the minimum academic standard to qualify for admission to the School
  • Art – candidates who show exceptional artistic flair and ability and who have reached the minimum academic standard to qualify for admission to the School

Please note:

For specific details about each of the scholarship awards please refer to the application form available from Admissions.

The Scholarship Award may be supplemented by a Bursary Award in appropriate cases.

Cricket Scholarships may be awarded from the Third Year (Year 9) to sportsmen or women who exhibit outstanding promise (normally at county level), as well as dedication to school cricket.

Sixth Form Entry

A number of Academic, Music and Sports scholarships are available for Sixth Form entry. These are open to both current students and applications from outside Bablake. The amount of the scholarships will vary, and in recent years has ranged from 3% to 30% of the School fee. For specific information about each scholarship, including how to apply, please refer to the current Sixth Form Prospectus

Junior School Scholarships

Scholarships are awarded to pupils at the end of Year 3. For information on Junior School scholarships please contact Mrs H Rypma on 024 7627 1284. 

We would have no hestitation in recommending Bablake to others and certainly feel you have given an excellent 'value for money' service.

Senior School Parent